Home Reading Program will begin this week. A new book will come home every Monday-Thursday. If your child can read the book independently the first time (even if he/she struggles), put a STAR beside that book on the Home Reading Log sheet. After 5 stars, I will read with your child and see if he/she is ready to change levels. Please do not panic if your child is starting at a way easier level. It will not take long for your child to jump up. That being said, it is normal for Grade 1’s to be in the level 1-2 bin until Christmas.
Nov. 7 and Dec 6-Skating field trip-Please make sure your child has skates, Helmet, as well as gloves (hockey gloves are okay)...snowpants if you have them! I would like parent-volunteers to help out with lacing up the skates (and if you can skate come on the ice). Should be fun!
- Nov. 7--Skating (1:00 to 2:15)-parent volunteers needed to tie skates!
- Nov. 11-Remembrance Day (no school)
- Dec 2—Professional Day (no school)
- Dec 6—Skating
- Feb 21—Professional Day (no school)
- Mar 15-23—Spring Break
- Apr 7—YPC at Sagebrush
- Apr 17—Professional Day (no school)
- Apr 18-21—Easter long weekend
- In math, we are still learning about subtraction.
- During reading/phonics, we are still focusing on the letter “b” and the sound it makes. Students will be looking at words that start with “b,” and reading a book that blends “b,” “s,” “a,” “t,” “m,” “c” and “f.”
This week schedule:
Nov. 4, Monday-library exchange & Big Buddies
Nov. 5, Tuesday-computers
Nov. 6, Wednesday- Gym Day
Nov. 7, Thursday- Gym Day & Skating
Nov. 8, Friday- Rememberance Day Assembly @ 10:45 am.
As always if you have questions or concerns please email me or phone the school.
Let's have a great week!